Air Duct Repair
Air Duct Installation
Duct Insulation & Sealing
Dryer Vent Cleaning
Ductwork Services in Norwalk, CT
Your home’s ductwork systems plays a vital role in not only delivering air throughout your house, but is a key area that impacts the overall air quality within your home. When it comes to keeping allergies, bacteria, and other common irritants at bay, having clean air ducts is crucial for having a safe and energy efficient home.
Air duct cleaning is an often overlooked aspect of your home that should be done aver year or two to prevent build up of dust and other particles that limit air flow and impact health. Air duct cleaning will give your heating or cooling system a “breath of fresh air” and will keep your HVAC system running as efficiently as possible all year long.
Improve your home’s air quality and help your heating or cooling system run more efficiently all year long with the help of an air duct cleaning service. Get a free air duct service estimate today!
Air Duct Cleaning Norwalk, CT
Did you know that on average as much as 40 pounds of dust is created PER YEAR in the average 6 room home?? This all accumulates in your ducts and impacts the effectiveness of your home’s heating and cooling systems and circulates dust, pet dander, and other common air pollutants all throughout your home! This means your HVAC systems have to work much harder to circulate air properly.
Signs You Should Clean Your Ducts
While there is common build up within your ducts that you cannot easily see, there are a few tell tale signs that you need to get your HVAC ducts cleaned such as:
- Visible mold growth on the inside of your ducts and / or HVAC equipment
- Visible clogging of supply or return vents caused by excessive amounts of dust or debris
If you have any of these signs, we highly recommend that you clean your ducts as soon as possible, especially prior to the summer or winter when you need hot or cool air most.
Air Duct Services Norwalk, CT
- Duct Cleaning
- Duct Sealing
- Duct Repair
- Duct Replacement
- Duct installation
- Dryer Vent Cleaning
Dryer Vent Cleaning, Repair, Installation & Inspection Norwalk, CT
Dryer vents are often overlooked by many homeowners, and neglecting this can lead to a multitude of issues ranging from dryer damage, musty clothes, and potential fires. Because dryer vents are so overlooked, lint build-up is responsible for thousands of fires every year in houses just like yours! Because of this, an annual dryer vent inspection is highly recommended.
- Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Dryer Vent Inspection
- Dryer Vent Repair
- Dryer Vent Rerouting
- Dryer Vent Installation
- Less Chance of Fire
- Quicker Drying Times
- Lower Energy Costs
- Extended Dryer Life
- Extended Life of Fabrics
How Much Does Duct Cleaning Cost in Norwalk, CT?
Ductwork cleaning costs vary depending on a number of factors. When getting an air duct cleaning or service quote, things such as, number of ducts, accessibility, and size of the house often determine the cost of a duct cleaning service.
Most duct cleaning services are money well spent. Ask yourself this, when was the last time you had your ducts cleaned? If you don’t remember or said never, then the cost and ROI of a duct cleaning service are well worth it in terms of HVAC efficiency and better air quality.
Common Ductwork Issues
- Duct Leaks: Leaky ducts are very common and can diminish the efficiency of your HVAC system by as much as 40%. It doesn’t make sense for air that you’ve paid to heat or cool to leak into an attic, basement or crawl space through gaps and cracks in your supply ducts. And it’s not healthy to breathe crawl space or attic air that’s sucked into leaky return ducts and then circulated back to your living space. Fortunately, these problems can be corrected by sealing your ductwork system.
- Poorly Insulated or Sealed Ducts: Uninsulated or poorly insulated ducts waste a tremendous amount of energy. Just think about what happens in the winter, when your HVAC system is blowing heated air through uninsulated ducts located in a frigid attic! Before your HVAC system can heat your living space, it must first heat up the attic ductwork. In the summer, you’re blowing chilled air through the same uninsulated ductwork, that’s been heated to about 120 degrees.
- Imbalanced Ductwork: Imbalanced ductwork wastes energy while also creating areas in your house that are too hot or too cold. Balance problems occur when the amount of air delivered through supply ducts doesn’t match the amount of air drawn in through your return ducts. This typically occurs because of improper location and size of supply and return ducts.
- Safety: Pressure imbalances caused by air duct leakage can lead to backdrafting in combustion appliances such as furnaces, wood stoves and gas ranges. When this happens, you risk exposure to carbon monoxide.